May 16, 2007

My first day of work (Part 2)

SMS > Phone > Bluetooth > COM > JAVA > MySQL > PHP > Web

This would be the things that I'm going to work on. Interfacing the web and mobile phones. This project is a challenge for me since i will be starting from scratch. I had to review my Java programming skills.

Interrupted (I'm trying to finish a layout. They need it tomorrow)

Anywho, as I was saying... I have to do some review on Java Programming. Though it was not so long ago since I last programmed in Java, I still find my self a bit dumb on this language. I just know the basics. And what we learned in school is an overstatement for basic. Urgh! Programming keeps on growing everyday and I was not able to cope with the changes.

For my project, I might be using my own phone. (Kuya Dennis has a sony ericsson phone which i think is still compatible with my k608i). I' might be needing my bluetooth dongle which happened to be broken now. I'm still waiting for the bluetooth dongle from kuya dens. Since I can't establish a COM Port between my phone and pc without the dongle, I made myself do some researching on JAVA Interfacing for COM Ports. I downloaded some codes, tutorials and the like. It was a boring thing to do.

Also, during my boring moments... i started working on the new encoding system for Kalasag. I'm still working on it now coz we'll be needing it on the first week of june. At least we could implement the system by then.

I left cerveo at 6pm. The first day wasn't bad at all. I'll be working on a project first hand. (and alone)

P.S. Did I mention that this project is part of the project study that I will be conducting next year? Lucky me!

No comments:

Myspace Map


Related articles



Widget by Hoctro