Dec 6, 2007

The ride

I was walking my way to the high way when a white vehicle passed my way. The vehicle slowed its speed to match my pace. The driver, in the mid 40's I guess, offered me a ride. For no particular reason, I obliged. I immediately jumped at the back of his truck. (it's a white multi-cab.) It would be troublesome if I'd sit at the passenger seat since I assumed that I would take off at the highway. Yet, the driver made some gestures asking me to sit at the passenger seat.

The driver might be one from our neighborhood. I only know a few because I seldom stay at home and whenever I am at home, I rarely go out. The driver's identity is unknown to me.

I seated myself comfortably on the passenger's seat. The usual questions were thrown to me and I deliberately answered them. He asked what school I go to (or which school I am heading for). He said that he'd drop me at NCCC Mall cause his way on the opposite side of the city.

He also asked for my course. That was when we started to talk about the profession on which I am trying to pursue. We talked a lot. We even talked some lessons in life. He shared some of his insights and made some advise, the usual stuff a father tells is son. But traffic jammed us at NCCC. I didn't notice time. It's time for me to leave his vehicle. I said my thanks before he left for the other side of the road.

I went off the truck realizing something. I may not have my biological father to give me lessons a father should teach his son, but God has his own ways of making me learn. I don't need my father, God will always find a way.



» Subscribe to Batang Yagit's Posts
» Follow Batang Yagit on Twitter

Batang Yagit

9 comments:

Jehzeel Laurente said...

ur right.. ang ganda ng lesson mo ngayong araw ^___^...

pero bat emo ang label? hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

DAMN YOU YAGIT BOY! You made me cry with that post. I mean seriously... not having a father sucks.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a dad too. I mean, my parents separated when I was still 1 year old. My mom has become my INATAY. She is the best!

Mikko said...

When I read your post on my Google Reader, I was about to comment what ate Ria said. Napaiyak mo ako! Hehe. Promise, I cry a lot (lalo na kung MMK ang palabas).

There are times when I hate my dad so much. After reading the post, I've come to realize that I'm fortunate enough to have my complete set of parents.

Batang Yagit said...

@ria: thanks for listening ate ri

@marcopolo: too good for you. my parents left me when i was 7 months. hahahaha.. lol. revelations from batang yagit to. lol. i learned to live without my parents.

@mikko: i twit about it...i seldom cry, but i cry for a reason. crying makes you feel better. hehehe

Anonymous said...

heart warming post. you iz an admirable kid, batangyagit.. i am now a fan!

Batang Yagit said...

@paolomendoza: thanks kuya paolo, nakakaflatter naman. hehehehe.

Jehzeel Laurente said...

uy fan mo na ang dakilang si pao :)

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 31:8
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

You may not have your biological father with you but you have Father in heaven that cares for you and will be with you. You can’t see him but just like the wind you can feel His present. If you seek Him with all your heart you will find Him. GBU

Myspace Map


Related articles



Widget by Hoctro